Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My first muddy 21 km run on 24 August... 2 hours and 51 mins

I managed to finish 21km !!! I thought I lost my legs.








The run was quite good paced until we reached the 14 KM .... we all went into a very small lane that is newly laid with tar in a construction setting. This part of the route was very unpleasant as it is uneven, too narrow and very muddy. It lasted at least 3 km and I was so discouraged that I stopped to walk and drink at every water point. At last I finished the muddy path, I saw the very beautiful newly built Bay, and my speed picked up.


At 17km, I was grumbling to myself why the last 3 km is so long and I won't want to register for any run longer then 21km anymore. Its killing ME!!


I finished 2 hours and 51 mins. Thank God who sustained me for this long.


Ranking Bib No. Name Check Pt Net Time Gun Finish
218 WC2058 chan wai peng joyce singapore 1:09:13 02:51:35.35 02:52:13.13


Hey and guess what, the check point at half way mark is probably at 10km, And this timing, I broke my 10km timing too.


I was ranked 218 among 388 ladies who ran together. Wah, and looking at the ranking, there really are female that could run very well, finishing in less than 2 hrs. I wonder would I ever have that kind of record in my life.


My buddies did well too. SY finished at 2 hours 21mins(21km) and Shawn 1 hour 10 mins (10km).

I have never been dripping that wet before, and according to my friends, I was very "unglam" after the run.


I felt good to have completed this big milestone I have set for myself. So I realised that one will not move further than the goal that was set. For one who used to so inactive and overweight will never imagined to be able to go so far in marathons. I just have to be submissive and do the right preparation. There will definitely be muddy paths, but if I stopped I will never get to see the beautiful Bay. For my walk with God, will also be the same, if I set a goal for myself, stop grumbling, and focus on the goal. He will provide the rest. At the end of the day, I will have the victory and see the beautiful end point in Heavens prepared just for me.


1 Cor 15:57

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.




So I did sign up for my 42km Standard Chartered Run this year. Pray for me that I will finish well for my coming 42km.

No comments: